All Content © 2017 IRON WORKERS LOCAL UNION NO. 3. All Rights Reserved.
Wind Turbine Construction
The construction and erection of wind turbines is a very complex process. Wth their intense training, expert skills and attention to safety, Local 3 Iron Workers play a critical role in the installation of wind turbines.
Skilled iron working is a requirement of all phases of turbine construction:
- Foundation - installation of reinforcing steel
- Tower erection - rigging & placement of structure
- Rigging and fastening of nacelle to tower
- Hub and blade installation
- Allegheny Ridge Windmill Farm – Allegheny Ridge, PA (J.F. Lomma Inc/Milco Constructors)
- Beaverdale Windmill Farm – Summerhill Township, PA (Davis JD Steel /White Construction Inc./Windcon Energy Services Ltd)
- Allegheny Ridge Wind Farm – Blue Knob, PA (White Construction Inc.)
- Chestnut Flats Wind Farm – Altoona, PA (Davis JD Steel)