All Content © 2017 IRON WORKERS LOCAL UNION NO. 3. All Rights Reserved.
Ornamental Iron / Curtain Wall
Ornamental includes the installation and erection of metal windows, curtain wall, and window wall systems. These projects require a unique skill as these items typically cover the steel or reinforced concrete structure of a building and are usually fabricated from a variety of materials.
In addition, ornamental iron working appeals to the creative side of our iron workers as they install and erect metal stairways, cat walks, gratings, ladders, doors, railings, fencing, gates, metal screens, elevator fronts, platforms and even entranceways. These “finishers” as known by the industry have completed their specialty training and are able to work with a variety of materials on diverse projects whether it is for commercial, industrial, or residential buildings.
- Monongahela Valley Hospital Glass Handrails – Monongahela, PA (Century North)
- VA Hospital – Oakland, PA (DM Products)
- Erie Bayfront Convention Center – Erie, PA (Harmon Glass)
- Westinghouse Building #4 – Cranberry, PA (DM Products)
- Millennium Science Complex – Penn State University - University Park, PA (DM Products)
- Phipps Conservatory – Pittsburgh, PA (DM Products)
- Edinboro Campus Dorms – Edinboro, PA (Ionadi)
- Penn State University Smeal College of Business Building – University Park, PA (DM Products)
- Children’s Hospital – Pittsburgh, PA (DM Products)
- Three PNC Plaza – Pittsburgh, PA (Antamex)
- CONSOL Energy Center – Pittsburgh, PA (DM Products)
- August Wilson Center for African American Culture – Pittsburgh, PA (DM Products)
- American Eagle Outfitters Steel Trees – Pittsburgh, PA (Somerset Steel Erection Company)